Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Birthday, a Going Away and a Cloudy Day

The past few days sure have been a whirlwind of excitment!

Saturday was the 63rd Birthday of the United States Air Force. I knew it was going to be Great Air Force Day when I woke up and there were clouds in the sky. Not dust, not smoke, not haze, not smog. Oh, and not just a blinding sun, beating down, with no relief.
















Clouds.















Ahhh, clouds.



I want you to know that each picture takes about 10 minutes to upload over here. That's how happy I was to see clouds (for the first time in about 4 months) - it was worth waiting for three pictures!

The day continued with a celebration of all things Air Force. Ok, that's a little bit of a stretch. I'm surrounding by Army, so it was less of a "celebration" and more of a shrug of the shoulders (let's not forget, when it was the Army's birthday they had cake and birthday plates, and even allowed the soldiers to have 2 beers in celebration). And it was less "all things Air Force" and more - well, cake.

I've been trying to eat healthy lately, and generally avoid dessert, but I bend the rules a little bit for a birthday. I know that looks like a shout-out to my mom, but that's actually my slice of AF heaven.

To tell the truth, it hasn't been that hard avoiding dessert - they've been serving leftover Army Birthday cake for about 3 months now...
And to throw this in real quick - pictures from the Army JAG Corps Birthday celebration from July:

The Cake (with Iraqi icing decoration)


The Obligatory Chair Picture

On Saturday night, we also said goodbye to a JAG friend. She arrived a couple of months prior to us, so she gets to leave a couple of months prior (I hope everyone followed that logic). We found a bowling alley on base and went out for bowling and pizza. Wouldn't you know it, bowling was so much fun that we only got a few shots...


Strike that (get it - that's an attorney AND bowling joke), we only got one picture - it's hard when the lights are crazy. But look at that form - and look at the AF logo glow. Can't miss us in the dark!

But an even more important event has occurred (is occurring?) - today, Anna turns... Well, it's not like she's old, but I don't know if I'm supposed to say just how old. Let's just say, I saw a card that said it's the 'new 30'. But that card might have been a little messed up. Anyway, today is Anna's birthday and I'm obviously unable to be there. So instead of sending a bunch of lame presents (oh, wait, did that) or lame ecards (check) or a dumb Facebook wall post (uh, yeah) I offer a simple thought:



Yeah, we got a little carried away with the markers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Anna! :)