Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All Gummed Up

My friends -

Thanks to each and every one of you who has sent me a package. I can't tell you how exciting it is to receive a new surprise in the mail. I tear at the box and relish everything that is sent to me!

I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I'm certainly NOT complaining, but I thought y'all would appreciate my gum collection. I have many goals while I'm over here. 1) Don't go crazy. 2) Fix the legal process for the entire country. And my newest, and maybe most daunting goal: 3) Enjoy every piece of gum that I've received so far.

Sorry, jaws...

Speaking of packages, we had our first failure a couple of weeks ago. A well intended glass jar of salsa broke and its contents spilled out onto the rest of the package - there's a disagreement as to the "how." One argues that it was due to the heat while the other contends that it was probably due to the rough handling in transit. No matter how it happened, the salsa got to cook in the heat for a fair amount of time. It's too bad the smell can't be captured in the pictures...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky man! I can tell from the gum collection photo that many, many people at home luv ya! Please don't chew all of it in the next few months . . . unless you trust military dentists.